Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Got the Delta Airline Blues.........

I was booking flights today for a couple of upcoming trips. I had a multistop I was working on and searched for my flight back to Peoria from Atlanta on Delta. One flight came up. ONE FLIGHT??? I kept searching, and ONE FLIGHT CAME UP!!!!

You can fly in from Atlanta to Peoria and arrive about 10:00 P.M. or you can fly out on Delta at 06:00 A.M. What was once 4 daily flights, then 3 daily flights, and now there is one. What a shame but I guess it is a business decision. Delta, I think that business decision is a terrible choice.

Did I miss the news that Delta was cutting out two flight to Peoria. Being a semi savvy internet user, I checked the Bloomington Airport and they had a full schedule of flights.

I fly out of Peoria several times a month and the Delta planes were always full. I feel for Ken Spirito the Airport Director as well as my fellow travelers. Do not like the idea of one flight. If you miss it with a bad connection you are staying over night in Atlanta. Then you have to hope there is an available seat on the next flight.

The staff at the Delta Peoria location has always been a great group. Hope they end up with a new position in another location or on with another carrier.

Maybe we can get bus service from the Peoria Airport to the Central Illinois Regional Airport in Bloomington, so we can have more than once a day service to Atlanta.

Being a skeptic I went out to the airport to see if there was anything wrong with my search only to be told that indeed there is only one flight out and one flight back from Atlanta.

Will we have additional flight cuts by other carriers? Only time will tell.

So Long PIA Hello to my new destination Bloomington Normal Airport for my trips to the East Coast.

0 comments: