Thursday, November 29, 2007

DMV

I have a peculiar trait, I only open my mail twice a month. Well I found three letters from Jessie White's office. Two were for renewing my Driver's License and I.D. (I Travel alot and need two government issued I.D.'s.) In case I lose one on the way to the airport I would not have to walk home. lol.

So I got up early and went to the the Secretary of State's office in Pekin. It was a breeze. In and out in 20 minutes. I thought it was great. They get a big tailwag for their service.

You may ask, yes, I did sign up to be an organ donor. Having given blood for many years. (11 gallon level) I thought they would need some other parts as well. I do not know how much they can use but they are welcome to working parts.

It seems to be the mantra at the DMV in concerns to organ donation. With the advancements in medicine they probably can use as many parts as possible.

In that note I also got a letter from the State Medical College of Georgia. They have been doing Alzheimer's research there looking for DNA evidence of Alzheimer's links in families. I am in a group study as my sister has that disease. She is a big advocate for the Alzheimer's Association. This is the second trial I have been in and hope the outcome from these trials are helpful against this disease.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Good for you, Tails! I'm glad to hear that you are doing something to help the Alzheimer's community. That is awesome!!