Thursday, February 21, 2008

If life were a Movie I would be scared to Death

Last night as I am roming the house at 1:00 a.m. I am aghast at all the little yellow, red, and blue objects looking at me as I stroll around the house. It seems that everything we bring in the house has a little light peering out of it into our lives. Look around your house, cable box, modem, fire and co2 detector. coffee pot, vcr, ipod charger, laptop power cord,etc. These beedy eyes are watching our every move. It is sort of Big Brotheresque.

Then I started to think about it. The real Big Brother in this is the Ameren Cilco who sends us a welcome letter of doom each month. What portion of our ever expanding electric bill is from these little eyes that glow in the night. Do we really need to make sure the TV is preheated so we can get an instant on picture? What happened to the excitement of seeing the TV warm up. (Yeah, really showing my age, used to get excited seeing the test pattern. For you under 30 - you would not understand)

In this one room alone I can see Seven of those eyes staring in the void. Then add all the appliances that still flash 12:00. One of these days I will figure out how to program them. Did my Eight track player have one of those lights? I'll have to go in the garage and check.

Beware of those eyes watching your every move:-)

0 comments: