Sunday, December 2, 2007

Christmas Spirit- the joys of shopping

Fa LaLa La La- Christmas shopping has started. I have several to send out and needed to get it underway. I keenly peered through the 40 pounds of ads in todays paper and selected my list.



Headed out to the Bermuda Triangle of Shopping. Northwoods, Glen Hollow and Willow Knolls. The traffic was not so bad but the potential to lose cash, and lines of credit in the triangle is mind boggling.



When you start looking around the prices of items have seemed to gone through the roof. Even on sale. One item in point a month ago is was $24.95 today when I saw it it was $30.45. How does an item go up $5.50 in a month. It was c0logne. Is there a shortage of good smelling chemicals that is raising the prices.



Where are all the old standby items that you could get for $10.00 or under. I can not give everyone Chutes and Ladders.



Coming out of the stores with a large amount of items and as I wrap them I did notice that only one was made in the US. Like that is a big surprise.

Well, I have to get it all boxed up and off in the post before the recipients leave for the Holidays.

Merry Christams to all and happy shopping ahead.

0 comments: