Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Lunch meeting gone bad or was it- Midway Duck Inn

I guess I need a calendar. Drove out to Lacon for a meeting and low and behold the meeting is Thursday. I got over the embarassment and on my way back to town stopped in at the Midway Duck Inn on Route 26 between Lacon and Spring Bay.

The long drive was quite memorable due to this stop. The place is quite cosy and filled with all kinds of Hunting memorabila. I walked in the restaurant bar in a tie and dress shirt and felt out of place. Next time I will need a camo outfit. The place was full of Duck Hunters all decked out in Camo.

Worrying that they thought I was a life insurance salesman, we got a table by the window. We had the nicest wait person come and take our order. Looking around the dining room it seemed that the Chicken was the hot item on the menu. I settled on a Tenderloin. No Frisbee style one here it was nice and thick and juicy. We were treated to plenty of refills on our drinks and it was quite the pleasurable experience.

Well back to Lacon tomorrow for the meeting. I just may get diverted again and stop in the Midway Duck Inn for some of that chicken.

If not tomorrow, it will happen again soon.

Just make sure you leave your dog and gun outside.

1 comments:

ELevin Design said...

What a great review, we like it too and love the sign about the dog and gun as you go in the front door. The owner just redid the exterior himself with varnished log siding and it looks really rustic! We like watching the hummingbirds in the summer, with feeders right outside the windows.